Walking takes longer… than any other known form of locomotion except crawling. Thus it stretches time and prolongs life. Life is already too short to waste on speed.
You know you have an addiction to backpacking when…
- The mud caked to your boots has sentimental value.
- You’ve packed your pack so many times you can do it in your sleep.
- You take pride in the foul smell of the briefs you haven’t taken off in 5 days.
- You read topo maps over and over again despite knowing exactly where you are.
- You picture yourself at the summit of every peak you pass on the trail.
- Awkward sunglass tans are worn with pride.
- Your Therma-rest is more comfortable than your king-size memory foam mattress.
- You judge every plant you see based on how useful it would be as toilet paper.
- You always know where your Nalgene is. Always.
- Headlamps > Flashlights