Innovation and an attention to detail has been the key to Mile High Mountaineering’s success since their debut at the Outdoor Retailers summer trade show in 2010, and this year they are really stepping it up with the Salute 34.
The Salute’s standout feature is the s-shaped zipper that snakes it’s way around the pack, making it a unique top, side and front loader, with the ability to fully unzip into a flat ground mat. Digging past your change of clothes and climbing ropes to find that pack of cookies that fell to the bottom of the pack is a thing of the past.
And if easily accessible cookies isn’t enough to entice you, check out the features and specs:
- M-Flex™ suspension system
- VariCant™ dual-pivoting/adjustable hipbelt
- Snake-Loader™ zipper system w/ heavy duty #10 YKK RC zipper
- perforated foam backpanel, shoulder straps and hipbelt
- integrated Packslicker™ rainfly
- large external over-loader stuff pocket
- deployable ice-axe straps
- 4 deployable compression straps
- 9 pockets + main compartment
- 4 poly-tube gear loops
- Volume: 34 liters
- Weight: 3lb 8oz
- Number of stays: 1 wire perimeter frame/HDPE framesheet
- Main Pack fabric: 315 denier ripstop Invista CORDURA® Plus, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- Bottom Fabric: 840 denier Invista CORDURA® HD, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- POP Color Fabric: 210 denier HT honeycomb Kolon, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
The Salute won’t start shipping until late April, 2012, but you can pre-order now at Mile High Mountaineering. Retail: $215